Accounts Payable Clerk
|August 05, 2014 - October 30, 2014|
|Location:||Orchard Park, NY|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation, Personal and Sick Time|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Tara Cares, an Orchard Park based long-term care administrative support company is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk.|
Full-time position with competitive wages and excellent benefit package.
Under the direction of the Director of Accounts Payable, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep payables records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. Responsible for timely input of data.
1. Communicates with immediate Supervisor to resolve problems and expedite work.
2. Adheres to work rules, procedures and Company policies.
3. Calculates and prepares invoices for utilities, taxes, and other vendor payments, ensuring that paper backup is attached and proper authorizations are obtained.
4. Calculates and prepares invoices weekly, comparing the invoices to cash requirements as a final audit prior to running checks.
5. Monitors vendor statements to ensure timely and accurate payments in accordance with established terms.
6. Checks figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
7. Sets up and maintains accurate vendor files in the computer.
8. Files and maintains both open invoice files as well as paid vendor files.
9. Debits, credits and totals accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software.
10. Coordinates payment schedules and check runs weekly with staff.
11. Communicates directly with facility staff for all accounts payables matters.
|Qualifications:||•High School Diploma required|
•1-2 years of Accounts payable experience preferred
•Possesses knowledge of applicable standards of accounting procedure
Equal Opportunity Employer
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.