Assistant Director of Accounts Receivable
|February 07, 2013 - March 06, 2013|
|Location:||Orchard Park, NY|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation, Personal and Sick Time|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Tara Cares, an Orchard Park based long-term care administrative support company, is currently seeking to fill the position of Assistant Director of Accounts Receivable.|
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and excellent benefit package.
Under the direction of the Director of Accounta Receivable, the Assistant Director of Accounts Receivable is responsible for reducing and maintaining Accounts Receivable at predetermined levels. Ensures Maximumization of income sources to each facility/company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in monitoring timely recording of all billable services rendered with timely billing and collection of those services. Develops auditing tools to catch missed revenue timely and communicate to area’s needing that information. Ensures system of ancillary input ties back to source documents and where documents are stored for future reference.
2. Assists in developing/maintaining systems and standards to facilitate timely claim submission and identification of claims needing rebilling, adjust, or voiding.
3. Assists in developing Year-end Accounts Receivable Goal calculations and proposals.
4. Maintains current knowledge of laws and procedures that affect Medicare, Medicaid and other third party eligibility and coverage. Keeps appraised of changes that affect the Industry. Provides necessary information to appropriate areas and proposes changes to existing processes and methods to remain in compliance.
5. Maintains current knowledge of laws and procedures that affect third party billing for Medicaid and/or Medicare, Insurances, and VA Contract resident/recipient.
6. Assists in completion of department reporting requirements.
7. Assists with development and maintaining collection process and timeline for delinquent accounts with criteria for accounts needing further action.
8. Participates in monthly review of Aged Accounts with facility, Financial Consultants, Facility Coordinators and Senior Management personnel. Serves as an active participant in collection efforts per Collection Policy.
9. Verifies month-end balancing of facility’s month end statistics.
10. Receives and responds to inquiries from A/R staff, facility staff, Staff Accountants, Facility Coordinators, Financial Consultants, Comptroller and Senior Management.
11. Assists in the supervision of the Accounts Receivable Staff, in the absence of the Director.
12. Contributes to facility quality assessment and improvements initiatives.
13. Assists in leading and creating an environment that fosters teamwork in achieving Departmental deadlines and goals.
14. Readily communicates needed information to all levels within the organization as appropriate. Attention to problem identification with potential solutions.
15. Facilitates and supports the implementation of change.
Possesses a BA or BS in accounting or business, or equivalent work related experience.
Over five years experience in AR management, billing, and collections area; experience should be with heavy emphasis on collections and problems solving. Maintains current knowledge of laws and procedures that effect third party coverage criteria and billing practices for Medicaid and/or Medicare, Insurances, and VA Contract residents/recipient.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.