|July 16, 2013 - August 31, 2013|
|Location:||Orchard Park, NY|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation, Personal and Sick Time|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Tara Cares, an Orchard Park based long-term care administrative support company, is currently seeking a highly motivated Purchasing Assistant.|
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and excellent benefit package.
Under the direction of the Director of Purchasing, the Purchasing Assistant is responsible to locate suppliers, compare prices, specifications and delivery dates of goods, services and materials. Ensures that all supply needs are met on a timely basis, with quality products at the best value. Educates and assists contracted nursing facilities with all supply needs and capital requests to enable them to better serve their residents, families ans staff.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Administers and ensures compliance with purchasing and contract management instructions, regulations, policies and procedures.
2. Communicates with people outside the organization, represents the organization to vendors, the nursing facilities and other external sources in a professional and positive manner.
3. Documents and records information by entering, transcribing and maintaining in written or electronic format.
4. Documents and specifies the characteristics of selected products as well as plant operations and maintenance projects. Requests quotes and determines time, costs, services, resources, or materials needed.
5. Communicates with and supports nursing facilities regarding purchasing requests, purchase orders, vendor issues, Interior Design Recommendations, etc.
6. Educates and communicates with the Executive Directors and facility staff regarding the status of Capital Expenditure Projects.
7. Coordinates activities with nursing facility personnel and vendors from which we obtain services and engage in buying, selling and distributing materials, forms, equipment, machinery and any other supplies, goods and services.
8. Monitors specifications for equipment, furniture, linens, products or substitute materials.
9. Analyzes and compares bids for products and services. Compares prices, specifications and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
10. Complies and processes information by categorizing, calculating and verifying information or data from all relevant sources.
11. Calculates costs of supply requisitions, creates and reviews purchase orders and contracts for conformance to policies and coordinates with other departments and committees as appropriate.
12. Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to facilities/departments originating requests.
13. Compares suppliers’ invoices with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy as needed.
14. Coordinates nursing facility shipments to ensure orders have been filled correctly and the goods and services meet specifications.
15. Contacts suppliers in order to schedule, coordinate and expedite deliveries. Resolves issues related to shortages, missed or late deliveries, grievances, claims or other problems with suppliers as appropriate.
16. Locates and interviews suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, to gather information about their organization and products to be ordered.
17. Prepares, maintains, scans and reviews purchasing files, reports and price lists, etc.
|Qualifications:||1. Possesses a High School diploma or relevant experience to the position.|
2. Must be organized and detail oriented.
3. Possesses knowledge of applicable standards of inventory and finance.
4. Prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word.
5. Experience with Plant Operations or a Maintenance background helpful.
6. Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
6. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.