|December 13, 2013 - January 31, 2014|
|Location:||Orchard Park, NY|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation, Personal and Sick Time|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Tara Cares, an Orchard Park based long-term care administrative support company is currently seeking a highly motivated Staff Accountant in our General Ledger area.|
Full-time position with competitive salary and excellent benefit package.
|Duties:||Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts, and assisting in the year-end audit schedules.|
Job Knowledge and Role Responsibilities:
1. Prepares monthly journal entries.
2. Assists with month-end close and account analysis.
3. Prepares financial statements.
4. Reviews Accounts Payable vouchers for proper coding and payment.
5. Reconciles and analyzes general ledger accounts.
6. Sets up and maintains spreadsheets for general ledger accounts.
7. Assists in preparation of year-end audit schedules.
8. Communicates with facilities regarding financial statement review and accounting policy.
9. Assists in projects as needed, and provides support to the Reimbursement Department projects.
10. Assists in the preparation of cost reports and supporting schedules/workpapers.
|Qualifications:||1. Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.|
2. Knowledge of applicable standards of accounting procedure.
3. One - two years of experience in Accounting preferred.
4. Must exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
5. Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
6. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.