Clinical Risk Manager
|September 30, 2013 - November 30, 2013|
|Location:||Orchard Park, NY|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation, Personal and Sick Time|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Quality Assurance & Legal/Risk Management|
|Description:||Tara Cares, an Orchard Park based long-term care administrative support company, is currently seeking a highly motivated Clinical Risk Manager.|
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and excellent benefit package.
Provides clinical assistance and recommendations to assigned facilities as part of the quality assurance function, to identify areas for potential improvement in resident care. Under the direction of the General Counsel, provides clinical review and analysis of medical records as related to current and potential litigation activity and provides other litigation support activities from a clinical perspective.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for advising and supporting the facilities in connection with investigations through quality improvement initiatives and interventions.
2. Plans, directs and coordinates the control of private health information as required by HIPAA regulations as it relates to record release.
3. Works with facility management staff and facility consultants to promote the facility’s clinical and quality improvement operations.
4. Performs clinical chart and record reviews and follow up with facility for requested information regarding investigations.
5. May develop and conduct periodic training and orientation for facility staff as appropriate.
6. Maintains a working knowledge and ensures compliance with all governmental regulations and company Quality Assurance standards.
7. Participates in any regularly scheduled calls or meetings in connection with the clinical risk management and/or Quality Assurance functions.
8. Assists in updating and maintaining legal tracking logs.
9. Develops positive relationships on behalf of the company with third parties, as applicable.
10. Demonstrates availability to be on-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
|Qualifications:||1. Possesses a Bachelors Degree and a current Nursing License.|
2. Possesses a minimum five (5) year applicable management or comparable experience in a long-term care setting.
3. Possesses strong knowledge regarding state, federal, and local regulations as they pertain to long-term care.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.