|November 18, 2013 - February 28, 2014|
|Location:||Orchard Park, NY|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation, Personal and Sick Time|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Quality Assurance & Legal/Risk Management|
|Description:||Tara Cares, a long-term care administrative support company, is seeking an exceptional candidate to fill the position of General Counsel at our Orchard Park, New York office.|
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and excellent benefit package.
|Duties:||Major Duties & Responsibilities:|
1. Knowledgeable in matter of skilled nursing facility resident care litigation issues.
2. Monitors the effectiveness of defense attorneys in the progression of lawsuits.
3. Negotiates outside counsel fee arrangements.
4. Provides clear guidance in a timely manner regarding lawsuits to settle and lawsuits to go to trial.
5. Attends trials, arbitrations and mediations to resolve cases and assist outside counsel with litigation strategy and witness preparation.
6. Demonstrates independence in the advice given, even if contrary to the CEOs position.
7. Contributes in areas of corporate compliance.
8. Provides assistance to the Human Resources Department as requested.
9. Provides valuable advice on legal issues in addition to resident care litigation.
10. Effectively manages employees of the Risk Management Department.
11. Works in a cooperative manner with Senior Executives and is responsive to their questions.
12. Develops and updates standardized forms, including Quarterly Litigation Reports and Pre-Trial Reports, for completion by outside counsel.
13. Reviews contracts on behalf of Tara Cares and at the request of supported facilities pursuant to the Administrative Service Agreement.
14. Acts as Tara Cares Privacy Officer to verify compliance with HIPAA and State privacy laws.
Degree from an accredited law school with a current license to practice law.
Solid (7-10 years) legal experience, including experience with a major law firm, personal injury, medical malpractice, corporate law, litigation, including courtroom experience.
Proven track record of confronting and successfully resolving complex legal and compliance matters with significant financial and business impact.
Extensive Healthcare Risk Management experience.
Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks; lead strategically and advance innovative solutions.
Working knowledge of Health Care Regulations, Long Term Care regulations and Quality Assurance.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively, work diplomatically, and foster relationships with individuals at all levels including internal contacts, outside attorneys and clients.
Highly developed written and oral communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate recommendations and options regarding complex legal issues.
Ability to travel as needed.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.